What is this?
This is a diceware password generator. Read about diceware
Is this safe?
Probably not, but I’ve taken some precautions to make sure this is as safe as a browser-based generator can be:
- If you don’t use actual dice, but the “Add roll” button instead, you’re getting an as-random-as-random-can-possibly-be-in-your-browser number. This page uses a PRNG with exceptionally high entropy. Is it truely random? Of course not; It’s still a PSEUDO random number generator after all. You better roll those dice buddy.
How do I use it?
- Roll a real dice, or if you haven’t happen to have one on you, use the “Add roll” button instead, which will generate a pseudo random roll for you.
- As soon as you have 5 rolls, a corresponding word will be selected from the diceware word list for you.
- Repeat this as often as you want/need words
- Presto, your new diceware password is ready. Save it to your favorite password manager and off you go.
- GRC for their Ultra-High Entropy Pseudo-Random Number Generator.
- Diceware for the multi language word lists.
- You, for actually considering a safe password for once, thus making the internet a better place. Good for you!